Are you interested in helping to welcome refugees and other immigrants to our country by becoming an ESL tutor? MBMM would like to help you prepare to do this important work. We will hold a one-day workshop, which will provide you with all of the basic information and resources you will need to begin teaching English-language learners. Here are some of the topics which will be covered:
* How to be an effective teacher
* Principles of adult learning
* Cultural understanding
* Gestures and body language
* Basic language skills
* Reducing anxiety
* Visual aids and "realia"
* How to construct a lesson plan
* Reasonable objectives
* Activities for beginning ESL students
* Teaching methods for beginners (TPR and LEA)
* Factors that help or hinder learning
* Choosing an appropriate textbook
* Utilizing internet sources
$30.00 ~ Lunch will be provided.
Anyone wishing to volunteer may attend the workshop free of charge. Please contact the office at email@example.com to register as a volunteer.